Friday, November 27, 2009

Sunday ho ya Monday, roz khaao Ande!

I do love cakes and soufflés but eating the actual yellow and white gol gol thing (oval oval, rather) doesn’t really go well with me. That however, doesn’t have any effect on my egg making ability…don’t intend to brag, but I can do a pretty decent job with scrambled eggs and omelet’s (C’mon lets face it…how difficult is it anyway?)

So when I was asked to make a bolied egg, I didn’t think it was a big deal at all. Waise bhi, karna hi kya hai? Put it in water, light the stove and let it boil. Easy!!!
But as you may have understood from my past muddles, it obviously didn’t turn out to be thaaaat easy. You see with me in the picture, it’s a minor miracle if nothing goes wrong.


Right…so let me start the brand new tale….after taking up the grand egg making responsibility, the first thing I tried to do was… get advice from jaane maane log about how it is made….and whoever I asked, came up with the exact same reply…..Just boil it ….????.....Arey that to even I know….but how to ‘just boil it’…. I mean kitna paani…what temperature….for how long….etc.
The thing is, I had always taken egg boiling for granted… all these technical aspects never entered my mind…anyway….after getting the relevant details I got started with my assignment….lighted the stove….put one big mug of water…put the egg inside and let it boil for 5 minutes……and after 5 minutes of waiting…Tadaaaaa…Done!

It turned out great…just like a normal boiled egg should turn out….no major disaster…chalo Mubarka!...and I thought… I can make this everyday! In fact, I can even put it down on my résumé under the head culinary skills….So very enthusiastically, I offered to make it the next day as well….same process repeat repeat…..this time however,……apparently I had tried to stretch my good luck too far so the elastic broke and enter the…. hhhh…. ‘disappointment’ word…cos when the majestic white shell was popped open, it was completely uncooked…and there….....all my chamkaaoed impression went paani main….that too for no fault of mine….. I mean….I had done everything exactly the same as the previous day so obviously there must be some problem with the egg….but then again… who is going to believe that?? Oh well! Ye to hona hi tha! :(

No comments: