Tuesday, September 15, 2009

IPL- Manoranjan ka Baap!

If commercials could be categorized under a head termed ‘lousy’, the Manoranjan ka Baap advert would definitely make the cut- n top notch I say. But that aside, the event by itself did prove, and unto most critics’ disappointment, to be the Big Daddy of Entertainment. With the glitterati event making a clean sweep of the Indian audience twice in less than two years, its created a larger than life status- a master stroke targeted at just the right nation.

And what flows from the above is my take on all the teeny little things that got the innocent mind’s attention. Before that- u mite like to know that my cricketing knowledge is highly questionable…I do know d basics but not much of d technical stuff… like pitch conditions or line n length or off side n on side…d likes…… but being a girl I guess that's ok…not expected from me anyway….n what follows is a bit over d top thinking… in other words...just b prepared …….u see d good thing is…here I get to call d shots ;)

Rite- Block-wise classification-

The Deccan Chargers- Them first, obviously because they were the champs. Max kudos to the Captain- Adam Gilchrist! In my opinion the bestttt captain of any of all the teams put together… humble n what's more, a winner all the way. On the whole I really think they played as one well knit team. N den there was Rohit Sharma (Pretty much the star and savior at many points in d game). Andrew Symonds…noooo I'm not a fan n I don’t even like him n he wasn’t even thaaat good but what got my attention (n d reason y I’m writing about him) was d white thing on his lips. Allll the time!! Every single match! Just out of curiosity I’d like to know what it was… fruity flavor? So when you run a lot n you feel hungry den u can jus eat d white stuff??... Or maybe some kind of tan protection… but do lips get tanned? Chapped- yes. But then again why white? Dunno. Beats me.

Next up, The Mumbai Indians- To begin with I think the name of the team itself is weird. I mean all the teams are Indian n have equal Indian-ness, den why this special Indians tag attached to d Mumbai walas? N the jersey wasn’t cool either. Jus plain, boring blue… About the team, apart from Sachin Tendulkar n Jayasurya I don’t even know who else was THERE. Lost out rite from d start n my guess is no one really missed them. Kuch latka jhatka kiya nahi naaa….maybe that's why. Just faded away

The Royal Challengers Bangalore- Whether it was Rahul Dravid ke ghar ka naya chiraag (he had a kid) or Anil Kumble…one of d 2, proved wayy wayyy lucky for the team. The coolest comeback I would think- plus Katrina Kaif who cheered for the team-about her, nothing much to say..orange suits her I suppose……. only not so cool was d team owner- Vijay Mallya, who for some reason gave d impression as if to say….'I don’t care how you win...jus get me baq my money!!!' n also never missing a chance to promote his formula one ka team…Hello!!! I thought we asked for cricket! Neway…vadde vadde log!

The Delhi Daredevils- I musttt say… I thought they had d best jersey n Daniel Vettori to go with it!! (mera fevrettt). Rite- focus. D team in my opinion really deserved to win… at least they had a killer performance at all d other matches but thenn- bad luck hi kharaab hoye den kya kar sakte hai. Virender Sehwag was good too. N I was reallyy glad to c that- (same to same birthday jo hai hamara). Almost thought he was nearing retirement.

The Chennai Super Kings- Lame name. Lame team. N still worse was d fact that in spite of being aware of this lameness I cheered for them rite up to d semis (that’s when they lost). Matthew Hayden was d only shining star… all the runs from d balla n d catches go to his credit… about everyone else… well they just seemed to b jogging around on d field n doing time pass… worst fielding ever!!!!!

The Rajasthan Royals- Enter Shilpa Shetty into the cricketing arena….d promotional song….personally I dint like it at all… but I guess its because it had all dose old zamaane ka mehels n ethnic stuff…back to d sport…great expectations… all came crashing to d floor….n frankly I dint mind it. To me, they were just extras n I was mighty glad to c their not so shaahi exit.

The Kings XI Punjab- I don’t quite get d name of d team in the first place…if it’s a king...then its gotta b one n if u have 11 den doom is definitely near…but they didn’t collapse easily though…not with Preity Zinta’s backing… she was awesome… from start to end n I actually wanted to see more of her than d team (what can I say…me a Bollywood fan na)….Well! ……And red jersey? For a cricket team? Strange! …..back to the team evaluation…. Yuvrajj Singh!...Seemed to b d angry young man on d field….unfortunately don’t remember any of d other players to comment much on them.


The Kolkata Knight Riders- Shahrukh Khan!!!! My heart really goes out for the poor guy…did everything rite except….well, buying the wrong team…..the promotional song was catchy (kodbo lodbo something somethinggg- don’t even know what it means), but the team…hmm consistent flop, flop n more flops :(
Maybe it was Sourav Dada ka prabhaav. Everything seems against him these days. Probably ‘Shaneey’ is really bhaari on him…n whatever happened to the cheerleaders… an entire TV show was dedicated to picking the rite ones for the team n they all jus went poof in smoke. Didn’t see a single Indian face on d squad…nothing seemed to work their way I guess…course d Mac Cullum guy did put in his best efforts to rescue the team at the end…. kintuuuuu parantuuuuuu…too little too late!


And no I’m not done yet…there were other things too….Mandira Bedi ka new hair cut (total no no)…Chang on d commentary club (if u don’t win a Crore of Rupees at d Indian Idol, no worries...there’s still scope for a far better future)….the Closing Ceremony (was pretty wowwiee)….Lalit Modi every now and then with his fancy lappie and boring updates…Miss IPL (she came, she went n nobody even knows her name!)….and the large multi-size Indian audience, who clung on to Set Max for a whole month or however long it was! Even the movie wala’s were put out of business by matches being telecasted at d multiplexes… sure says one thing about us……WE ARE A CRICKET CRAZY NATION!!!!

1 comment:

[VJ] said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.